Client Dairies: Being a submissive woman

I gave a ear to one of my clients who briefed about her recent past and then requested me to get multiple opinions. She reminded me of myself in many ways, so here I am sharing it with you, awaiting your comments. "All this while I lived the way I want to because I was independent and I dint have to answer anybody. I never looked at myself like a woman because I wasn't really happy about the way most men looked at women. So though I am a woman, I worked hard like a man, enough to be appreciated by each man I worked with who told me that I am no less than them. I felt proud about it each time. Then entered this man into my life who woke up the woman inside me. I felt crazily in love with him. He never gave me time for anything else ever since, including time for myself. He just kept me engaged with him most of the time. He made sure I never left him even for a minute. He followed me everywhere I went and took me with him anywhere he went. He loved me so much that I never realized that I started becoming so dependant on him to an extent that I couldn't keep myself away from him. I ignored everything and everybody else even after their repeated reminders that I am fading away from the desiring lady I used to be. It never bothered me because of the lovely warmth I got in this man's arms that made me feel everything else is less important. I became so woman that my dictionary only had one phrase called 'being a woman'. It was hard on me to give up everything but his love made it so easy for me. Whenever I understood how much he needed my presence around him, nothing else mattered. Everything seemed going on smooth until lately I started feeling I needed something more, may be a little space other than just being around him. So many things started popping up my mind, so many questions. Like, is it common to feel this way after being sometime in this kind of non-spacious relationship? Or is it because he is reminding me each time that I am just a woman and my job is to be submissive to a man, no matter he is wrong? Or is it because I gave him too much room enough to be taken for granted? Or is it because it's one way sacrifice in this relationship and expectations are not allowed from my end? I don't want to lose this man but I don't want to lose myself either. I am a Muslim and I was taught that a woman does not talk when a man does. What when only the man talks and does not allow you to do any talking part anymore? What do you do were you in my shoes? What would you do to feel better? What should I do to make this relationship work? Am I still secure in this relationship? Should I still go ahead and get married to this man who stakes our relationship each time I try talking to him about what I am going through?" My question to you: If you are a man - Whom do you think needs some advise? The man or the woman? What do you have to say about this woman? Do you want to give her few tips on how to turn him around? Or do you think she is just over reacting? Do you have any sincere advise for this man? If you are a woman - What is your next step? How would you deal the situation?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SMOKING KILLS BUT CIGARETTE ROCKS

WHITE LADY WHO MADE MY DAY - A travel post by Lokesh Naik

I STAYED LONGER THAN I DESERVED