PROMISES



"No matter what happens, we'll never be strangers."

Days like this i wonder how you're doing. 
Surely we could send each other a text,
but it becomes archaic. 

You and I.
We used to talk under the stars.
Laughing till our faces turn blue.

I kept all your gifts.
A polaroid of us.
Memories.
Buried in a box.
Safe,like how you used to make me feel. 

A year ago,
You came up to me.
Like a dream.
The kind that always leaves.

A year later,
You left me broken.
Like a record.

I watched you grow.
Like a lotus flower that grows out of the mud.
Slowly blossoms and rise above the muddy surface.


Now.
Im left with only memories of us.
Stored away in the back of my mind.

So nights like this.
When i need you most. 
I reminisce all the good memories we had.
With tired eyes, tired mind, tired soul.

Just so you know.
If ever,in future you need me.
You don't have to call me.
Or drop a text.

Just run to me.
Like a kid running to the finishing line. 
With arms wide open.
I welcome you.

Comments

  1. Inspiring Febah..you proved that love is something that lasts forever till the last breath and having a beautiful heart to welcome the person again whom you loved though he left you..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SMOKING KILLS BUT CIGARETTE ROCKS

WHITE LADY WHO MADE MY DAY - A travel post by Lokesh Naik

I STAYED LONGER THAN I DESERVED