WAITING FOREVER


At moments of intense happiness and joy,
Many promises to me you made,
Gave you myself expecting you in return, 
And yet for this loneliness I paid.

I made some promises too, I kept to the end,
Not realising that your love can fade.
How can I let you go off my mind,
When my heart is totally in your shade?

I waited for months for your promises to happen,
But as time passed cutting me like a blade,
I kept waiting and waiting, may be you forgot,
My expectations of those reached a higher grade.

May be you thought that it was normal to me,
My emotions, you set them on trade.
My expectations you kept aside for your selfishness,
They’re just blind memories that stayed.

You just made random statements back then,
Now those promises to my broken heart raid. 
Lost mind, now totally depressed and confused,
I am so wasted, busted and loneliness weighed.

Comments

  1. Couldn't find a word which can approach this deep pain.... it's more than love.....
    makingg me cry... amazing Febah....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SMOKING KILLS BUT CIGARETTE ROCKS

WHITE LADY WHO MADE MY DAY - A travel post by Lokesh Naik

I STAYED LONGER THAN I DESERVED